Monday, June 28, 2010

Joyeux Anniversaire!


Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has been two years, on one hand it seems like we've been married for much longer because of everything that has happened in those two years {job change, new house, pregnancy, baby} but on the other hand it seems to have gone by so so quickly {i swear it was just yesterday that I was walking up the aisle crying as I saw my soon to be husband}.
We had a lovely weekend, on Saturday we had a date at Jake's Grill while my dad babysat then we came home and shared the Perrier-Jouët Champagne that my friend Alaya gave us for a wedding gift {we had planned to have it on our first wedding anniversary but I found out I was pregnant just one week beforehand, then we planned to have it the day our baby was born but since I ended up with a c-section it got put on the shelf until now}. Yesterday {Sunday} we took Josie and Amelia to Sauvie Island to play on the beach then we came home and had a sweet little picnic. Today {Monday - our actual anniversary} I got a surprise: Cheyenne had a beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers {peonies, anemones, light pink daisies} delivered!
I am so happy to be married to my best friend, he's a wonderful husband & an amazing father, I have been blissfully content for the last 5 years {from when we started dating} and am looking forward to a happy future.


No comments: