Monday, February 28, 2011

.The Tradition.

My mom & I have watched the Oscars together every single year for as long as I can remember. Now that I'm a "grown-up" {read: I have a grotesquely massive television while she has a much more "normal" sized one} she comes over to my house and we watch the "pre-game" {aka 2 hours of red carpet} while eating hors d'oeuvres, drinking champagne, and dishing about who's wearing what and swapping opinions on this years nominees & predictions and going over our vast wealth of Oscar trivia {my mom is pretty much the master of this last part}. This was Amelia's second year joining us and I must admit that her sweet little face kind of stole the show and my mom and I missed a great deal of the shows dialogue while we were playing with Amelia {a much better trade I would say}.
That being said, I was still held captive by the red carpet and below are my favorite and least favorite dresses of the night...


My Favorites

Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier

Halle Berry in Marchesa
Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa
Marisa Tomei in vintage Charles James
Mila Kunis in Elie Saab
Least Favorites
Nicole Kidman in Dior Couture
Florence Welch {of Florence & the Machine} in Valentino
Cate Blanchett in Givenchy couture







No comments: