Thursday, August 27, 2009

A sigh of relief

We got the official results back from our first tri screening for down's syndrome and trisomy 18 and it turns out that it's almost a genetic impossibility for our wee one to have either of these. Phew, now maybe I can sleep again.
Our next OB appintment is on September 4th, it'll be the first one with our new doctor (since we had to switch thanks to an insurance change).
I'm feeling a lot better stomach wise. I still get nauseaus but i cant usually keep food down. Im still super super tired and without energy (I fell asleep at Fred Meyer today while reading a magazine...for 20 minutes i was sound asleep). I think part of that is that it's not so easy to get to sleep with my now changing body. Lucky for me i've always been a side sleeper and do in fact prefer my left side (which is how doctors want you to sleep during pregnancy).
Our nursery is being painted next weekend and the muralist is working on sketches for us. We got a baby book and a car seat this week so that's fun.

In non-baby news our good friends Austin & Whitney Andreasen and their 2 boys are going to be in town from Denver this week and we're really looking forward to our first overnight guests in our new house! Yay!

No comments: