Saturday, October 31, 2009

I might get my way after all...

Which always pleases me. Remember several months ago my company changed insurance providers and i had to change my OB/GYN (sad) and the hospital that we would have our baby in? And that this change caused me no end of sadness? Well, since the change I have actually grown to like my new OB/GYN much more than my original and am much calmer about that aspect...the hospital change however has always been a thorn in my craw.
Well I've had a possible bit of luck and i may just get that hospital that i want! Our plan was always to add me to Cheyenne's insurance so that we would have double coverage for the pregnancy and birth and so that i don't have a gap in coverage after the baby is born and I'm not working. Well, his open enrollment is coming up in a couple of weeks and i have been looking at this matter more closely...
Only this morning (I'll blame baby brain) did it occur to me to check his insurance coverage to see if "my" hospital (Legacy Good Samaritan) is covered...and it is! Not only is it covered but it's one of the preferred hospitals.
Since i have always had trouble making heads or tales of insurance red tape I'm not 100% sure if this means that i can have our baby at Good Sam without it costing 7 million times as much as having our baby at St Vincents...but if it's all the same then I get to have my cake and eat it too! Which lets face it, has always been my goal :-)

No comments: