Thursday, October 22, 2009

Updates & Such...

I haven't been blogging much these days because quite frankly things are nice and smooth while I'm in the midst of my heavenly 2nd trimester. I still have bouts of nausea (i threw up my whole bowl of cinnamon toast crunch right back into said bowl last week) but at this point I'm such a pro at barfing that it barely makes me blink.
The baby has been growing so much and likes to sleep cuddled up by my lungs so that i gasp and wheeze like a asthmatic walrus when i do super active things like turn from my right side to my left side while in bed or walking up the stairs to the living room. The wee also may be some kind of gymnast...normally when he/she kicks me it's either straight out towards the world (that's right little one, stick it to the man) or inward towards my spine (hey you! Mama is NOT "the man"!)but once in a while it will now do a kind of movement that i can only imagine as up and down jumping that hits straight down on my uterus. Weird.
Our birthing classes are going well, we've had two and still like the instructor/doula and the other couples. Also, we are clearly the most prepared people and i don't mind saying that this makes me gloat more than a little bit.
For extra preparation i have been reading

this book.

and I'm loving it. I really feel empowered by it and other drug free birth stories and teachings and am pretty convinced that this is the best option for me and my baby.
This past weekend we went up to Vancouver and met with the stationer to discuss the baby shower invitations and favors. The proofs were EXACTLY what I wanted and i cant wait for them to be done and in the mail so that i can share them with everyone!

No comments: