Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting closer

My mom came by this weekend and dropped off our changing table and it's so pretty! Our nursery is almost done and I will post pictures as soon as it is (I prefer to show a finished product). I know have gone through the baby registry and cleaned things out and purchased others so that we have about half of the things accounted for and some of the things aren't needed for a while yet so they are on the back burner (for example since i am breast feeding exclusively for the first 6 months we wont need the baby food maker, spoons, and such - I don't believe in the store bought crap - until August) so I'm feeling better about that. We'll continue to get the other things that we still need between now and the 12th and I'm feeling pretty good about things on that front. Cheyenne installed our car seat over the weekend as well so we can check that off of the to-do list.
If I weren't on bed-rest i would be cooking and freezing dinners as all of the books suggest (since after the baby & c-section we wont have a ton of extra energy. However, since I'm stuck doing nothing until the 12th I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do about that....but I'm not panicked about it either.
All in all I'm feeling calm and confident, but of course I'm sure that will change when the due date gets closer

No comments: