Thursday, August 19, 2010

I try not to be one of "those" mothers but....

There's no denying it, the past 6+ months have gone by shockingly fast. I know that I sound like a broken record but it really does seem like we were just bringing Amelia home from the hospital, but now she's big enough to be starting to try to crawl and talk! It's mind boggling, and I know {thanks to mothers and grandmothers} that this phenomenon only gets worse.
Which leads me to my latest foray into what some have called "over-preparing" and planning well {if not too far} in advance. What can I say, I cant help it. I have been looking into pre-schools because although Amelia is only 6 months, if that time has gone by this fast I guess age 3 will be here before I know it. Not to mention that, if things work out the way we want then we will have a second child at/by that time and what little extra time I have now will be non-existent with two little ones to take care of.
I went to a small cute little preschool in a small cute little Midwestern town {shout out to Honey Tree & Mrs. Bolin} that was in a womans basement. So, having no siblings or friends with children I was not aware that times had changed on this subject. Thanks to a google search {"Portland preschool ratings" to be exact} I realized that there are so many preschools in our county and so many more teaching/learning options than I had known. Cheyenne and I like Montessori, Waldorf, and Reggio Emilia teaching styles best and are lucky enough to live in a town with tons and tons of options in these teaching styles. Luckily we have PLENTY of time to narrow down which school and style work out best for our daughter but it's definitely food for thought.


No comments: