Sunday, August 1, 2010

Catching up.

Sorry about the lapse in posts, we really haven't been up to much lately. Amelia & I have been going to Music Together on Mondays & Wednesdays and we still have Mommy & Me on Tuesdays which leaves me with Thursdays to get caught up on house things and then Fridays for hanging out {usually a good walk to the library for story hour}.
This past Thursday we spent the day with Amanda & Dave LaGuardia {they are visiting from Denver and we were lucky enough to snag some time with them}, then that night Josie got sick and was ill all weekend {she's better now, i suspect some "well meaning" neighbor threw a bone in our yard for her not realizing that our dog has never been given human food or bones}. While those things are kind of a big deal to me, I realize that they aren't much to read about.
I know it sounds super crazy to say since today is August 1st, but im already counting down the days to Autumn. Summer has always been my least favorite season and Fall has always been my favorite {the colors, the crisp air, football, the smell, fires in the fireplace, warm apple cider, the pumpkin patch, stews, plaid, freshly sharpened #2 pencils, sweaters, Halloween, and thanksgiving...I could go on and on} and im so excited to get to enjoy my first Autumn with Amelia {little overalls, her first trip to the pumpkin patch - with a red wagon and all, trying all of the foods, her first Oktoberfest & first thanksgiving, getting to pick out her first Halloween costume and this is not to mention all of the things that she'll be able to do like crawling and such}. Since it's usually summer weather in our area until October I still have a while yet, but that's ok...i suppose.

No comments: