Monday, June 6, 2011

.Cocktail.


So I think that I'm coming down with a bit of a low grade cold or my allergies are acting up {my money is on the second one} and my brain has been a bit muddled. I just realized that I forgot to share a drink recipe on Friday for the weekly TGIF post. D'oh! The weather this weekend was beyond perfect - 84 and sunny which means that the neighborhood pool opened up and ice cream man started his hourly torment on my mental state {a human is not meant to hear "pop goes the weasel" that many times in one day}. My very favorite treat from the ice cream man growing up was the Creamsicle - yummy orange sherbet on the outside with creamy vanilla inside, the perfect combo. Here is a dangerously delicious recipe to mimic that yummy treat - with a grown up kick. Enjoy!

Grown-up Creamsicle

1/2 ounce orange vodka
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 ounce fresh squeezed orange juice
1 ounce cream

Fill a shaker with 1/2 cup ice. Shake all ingredients well & pour into a highball glass.

You can use a scoop of vanilla ice cream in place of the cream and ice for an even more delicious version!


No comments: