Thursday, September 27, 2012

.The haps.

I feel like each post I've made for the last three months has started with "hey guys, sorry I've been a bad blogger and went MIA"...but seriously, sorry guys I've been a bad blogger that's totally gone MIA on you.
It's just that I'm so tired. I mean like really really effing tired. Of course everyone with a newborn is but I don't think I gave the sleep thing enough credit before Alice came. I had mistakenly viewed it through the experience of Amelia's first few months. Only the thing is, that's NOT the same. When you have just the one kid you can follow the old adage and sleep when the baby sleeps. Sure, when Amelia was a newborn I was up all night but during the day I got a bunch of cat naps that helped immeasurably and I was able to function and do things like bathe, do the dishes, take photos of my pretty baby and of course blog. But this time around I have a toddler underfoot and the half dozen catnaps a day are no longer an option. Not only that but Amelia's naptime ALWAYS coincides with Alice's fussy time. Oy.
As of 7:00am yesterday I hadn't slept in 48 hours. AWESOME! I know that it's "just a phase" and will get easier very soon so I haven't lost my mind or anything but until I can get a bit more sleep in my life I just simply don't have the mental capacity to string together a coherent thought let alone a decent blog post. I'm sorry folks but I think you're going to be stuck with these sporadic notes from the trenches for the next month or so but I promise that as soon as I am functional I'll be back to my old blogging self with tons of photos and stories.
Until then keep me in your thoughts!

 

No comments: