Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Show me!


Our trip to Missoura is just 2 weeks away and i must say, I'm getting quite excited to see everyone and introduce my family and friends (shout out to Kevin Miller) to Amelia. In homage to the Mother Land here is a list of things I dig about the show me state:

1. Harry Truman. Dude, i love me some Truman (please see photo of me being full retard for Give 'em Hell Harry)!
2. Fireflies
3. Cicadas, crickets, and tree frogs singing
4. Thunder & lightning summer storms
5. Neighbors that become lifelong friends
6. The nasty Missouri river, i learned how to swim in tha thing! There's a bit of backwards pride in that :-)
7. The best BBQ in the world
8. Robert Altman, T.S. Eliot, William Burroughs, Jean Harlow, Mark Twain, the outlaw Jesse James, Josephine Baker, & Edwin Hubble.
9. The start of the Oregon Trail, how else to appreciate my own journey to Portland?
10. People that know that a "salad" does not have to contain lettuce but can in fact contain cool whip or jello

No comments: