Saturday, October 1, 2011

.breathless.

If you're lucky, in this life you have one best friend. Now, I want to say that I have a few people that I put in the "best friend category" and I truly mean that each of them {including my husband} is my best friend. But there's that one person that is set apart. Someone that has known you for years, that has seen you at your most pathetic and your most awesome and everything in between.
For me that person is my friend Jerome. He's my "gay husband". My partner in crime. There are times when we cant go more than an hour without talking and there are times when we go a month without talking - it just depends on what life is doling out. But no matter the amount of time between conversations we are able to pick up mid-thought, hell, mid-sentence as though we never stopped the last conversation. We've laughed over psycho ex boyfriends {his and mine} together, danced until dawn together, laughed so hard that we have literally peed ourselves {okay, just me on that one} and talked each other down from hysteria. We've been up to more hijinx than you can imagine and that surely should never be mentioned in most circles. I love him.
And now, my best friend has cancer. And I'm scared. And sad. And a little lost. But as always we've been making each other laugh & smile over it {if you can laugh at a 32 year old with rectal cancer then you can laugh at anything}. We're both trying to make the other cheer up and feel less scared which in and of itself is kind of funny. We've had tender sentimental musings and we've made fun of Wendy Williams and joked about food and old times. He'll be okay which means that I'll be okay. And now to repeat that again and again until I'm no longer scared. He'll be okay, he'll be okay, he'll be okay, he'll be okay....


No comments: