Tuesday, October 4, 2011

.Last meal.

Im freezing. When I get this cold the only cure is a hot bath. So while Amelia took her nap this afternoon I drew the hottest bath ever, turned off the lights {the window lets natural light in so it wasn't dark but artificial light gives me a headache after a while}, closed my eyes and just enjoyed the silence {something rare in a household with a toddler}. Perhaps it's my love of food, or my leanings toward the macabre or the fact that I was hungry but the idea of a last meal went through my mind. It's a subject I like actually, if money and time were no issue and you just had one meal left on this Earth what would it be? Here's mine:

Starter
2003 Chateau d`Yquem, Sauternes
Foie gras

Main:
Wagyu steak
Lobster tail
truffle oil mashed potatoes
2005 La Tâche, Domaine De La Romanée-Conti

Dessert:
Louis XIII rare cask
Strip House 24 layer chocolate cake

I figure that if it's my last meal then the motto should be "go big or go home". What do you think? What would your choices be? Would you pick sentimental family heirloom recipes {a grandmothers pasta}, that fried food that normally falls under the "cardiac arrest" column that you are too afraid to fall in love with, decadently expensive rare foods, something that you cant find anymore? Choices choices... 

No comments: