Tuesday, May 8, 2012

.Where the wild things eventually go.

Today the world lost Maurice Sendak & I {and everyone that I know} am heartbroken. I can't imagine someone born after 1963 not being effected by Mr. Sendak's beautiful stories. I've loved him for as long as I can remember and now that I have a child we read his books constantly {Where the Wild Things Are & In the Night Kitchen are Amelia's favorites while I've always been partial to Higgilty Piggilty Pop & Outside Over There}. I have nothing that I can say so I'll let the Wild Things speak for me:

"So he said: 'I'll give up being king of where the wild things are.' But the wild things cried 'oh please don't go. We'll eat you up. We Love you so!' and Max said 'NO!' And the wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws. But Max stepped into his private boat and waved goodbye."


 Goodbye Maurice, and thank you.


 

No comments: