Monday, August 6, 2012

.The finish line.

As of last Thursday I am officially nine months pregnant which just feels weird to say. I made it to nine months {by six days} with Amelia but six days is hardly the same feeling as "this is my last month" or telling people "oh, I'm nine months pregnant". Cheyenne and I have had an ongoing joke throughout the pregnancy that I'm only "a little pregnant" but in the last couple of weeks the joke has turned into "okay okay, so you're a little more than a little pregnant". Home stretch folks {17 more days}!
Everything is good to go, baby laundry is done and hanging up {OMG by the by, two sets of little girl clothes in the nursery closet is just about the most adorable thing E-V-E-R}, our baby shopping list is completed {it was ponderous - whoever said that you don't have to buy anything for subsequent pregnancies is a fool} and Big Sister is finally getting excited for Baby Sister {or as she's known "baby sisser Awice"}.
I've been kicking around the idea of starting to pack my hospital bag just so that everything is in one place but I just know that having it out will be in my way and drive me nuts so we'll see.
I also had a bit of fun and did a bit of role reversal and got Cheyenne a "push present". I kind of hate the idea of a push present {a gift to the new mother for going through labor with the idea of it being like a carrot at the end of a stick to motivate you through pregnancy/labor...it's usually jewelry} because really, isn't the baby a push present? Anyway, getting off my soapbox....I thought it would be fun essential to get some coffee beans for Cheyenne since he'll be taking care of three very demanding sweet ladies for the length of his paternity leave. Being Portlanders we take our coffee very very seriously and that goes double for my husband who works in an office where the coffee is made by men from India and the Middle East {translation: it's crazy strong} so to say that there's a pickiness that goes along with coffee purchases in our household is a bit of an understatement. So, I was going to just pick up one of our standbys {Sleepy Monk coffee from Cannon Beach Oregon - I highly recommend it} when I was hit by the memory of our last trip to Hawaii. On a rainy day we drove around the Big Island looking for adventure and after much winding through mountains and jungle found our way to THE. BEST. COFFEE. PLANTATION. EVER. just amazing. At the time I took their order form with the intention of going home and ordering beans from them all of the time to impress guests with it's awesomeness. But once we got home the order form went into my jewelry box and I totally forgot about it. So I put the bag of Sleepy Monk back on the shelf and went home and dug out that old order form, went online and purchased the best coffee beans ever as a special "surprise" for The Husband. It's nothing extravagant but I'm sure it'll be worth it's weight in gold once day 3 of no sleep hits, the added sentimentality makes it that much sweeter I think.
As for me, I've ordered a few "mommy essentials" for the hospital and all of the "fun" ones arrived a while ago {comfy lounge pants, nursing top, slippers, Mother's Milk tea} and now the not-so-fun ones have started to arrive {granny panties, crazy giant maxi-pads, etc}; well I had forgotten what all was still in transit and when I went to get the mail today there was a small package waiting. I got all excited "yay something new and fun!" only....it was the bottle of stool softeners that I ordered to combat the "issues" a lady has after abdominal surgery. Shit just got real you guys.



 

No comments: