Monday, January 14, 2013

.Long time gone.

Outside of the whole "had a baby" excuse I really have no solid reason for my lengthy absences from this blog. I will say that it feels weird every single day that I don't write something on here; updating this was such a common part of my weekly routine for about 3 years and now I go *huge* spans of time without a single post.
The thing is I dwell on it "oh my god I haven't updated the blog in soooooo long. I need to write like 10 updates and make an excuse, etc etc" and then it just seems a bit overwhelming so I do something else entirely. Do you get like that with things? I certainly do {blog, dishes, laundry} and then before you know it you're stuck with a mountain. Eesh.
So how have things been? Good, quite good. We have a routine and things are {mostly} smooth sailing these days at Casa de Clark.
Amelia is turning 3 in just 13 days {holy sh*t} and that just boggles my mind. Wasn't I JUST writting my first post? Wasn't I JUST in the hospital? Didn't she JUST learn to walk? How is she almost 3??? We have a big rainbow themed birthday party here at home and my mom is coming to town {birthdays are a big deal and wont be missed just because she moved away}. I think this is our last year of the birthday parties held at this house as the guest list for this year will be pushing it space-wise and next year will be even longer. Don't think I haven't already started scouting locations for next years party!
Also on the subject of Amelia updates, homegirl is basically potty trained at this point. We're still working on nap/night time and trips to the store but when we're home she's in big girl underwear full time and rocks the potty chair scene.
Alice is also growing at ridiculous speeds. She can roll over in both directions, hold herself up in a sitting position for a {short} bit, and is a big healthy happy girl. You would never guess to look at her that she was a full pound smaller than the next smallest baby on the maternity floor and needed an IV to keep her stable. For now she's still exclusively breastfed but I think in the next week or two we're going to venture in to solid foods. Generally you're supposed to wait until 6 months old but our pediatrician gave us the go ahead since Little Sister has such a voracious appetite. I'm thinking the first meal will be avocado but we'll see.
As for Cheyenne and I, we're great, a bit exhausted... but great.



No comments: