Friday, November 6, 2009

25 week OB check up...

We had our 25 week check up today and all is well. I have gained just 4 pounds since last months check up which brings my total to a six pound weight gain...woo hoo for throwing up every single thing that went into my mouth for the entire first trimester! The baby's heartbeat is perfectly healthy as is it's position and my tummy circumference...though I'll admit, it's odd to have someone ask you to lie down while they take a measuring tape to your belly (which is a sight to behold). Our doctor says everything is perfectly exactly as it should be.
Our next appointment is on December 4th where i have to drink the vile gestational diabetes juice (please read this in the Wilfred Brimley voice from his unintentionally hilarious diabetes commercials) for a blood test and i have to get a shot to keep me and my O negative blood safe from my baby (who probably has the more common blood of my A positive husband). So yeah...that should be super fun (insert my famous sarcasm here).
Since I am on the cusp of my third trimester(noooooooooo!!!! the second has been great and i wont give it up without a fight) after the December 4th appointment i will have to go every 2 weeks and then later on that will change to every 1 week...all of this means that we really don't have THAT much longer until the baby gets here and while my husband isn't looking I'm bound to have a panic attack about that little fact.

No comments: