Saturday, November 7, 2009

A little bit like Daddy & a little bit like Mama

So, I have a cold...booo. It's nothing too terrible but it comes with an annoying cough. The devil child seems to find comfort in this and, no joke, is lulled to sleep my my coughing spasms. Already enjoying my mild discomfort...just like Daddy (joking only).
Tonight, thanks to my cold i am on the couch bored and downloading music. The baby had been enjoying a nice cough induced nap until i started playing some of the Tony Bennett & K.D. Lang duet of an old Cole Porter song (dream a little dream of me) because these are two of my favorite singers and one of my favorite songs. The baby got to dancing and on a lark i made Chey come over and try to feel the kicking (our child also likes to annoy it's father and although i have felt progressively harder kicks for over a month now, they always stop when i try and give Chey a feel) and of course i had taken my earphones out to tell him to come over for a feel, upon doing this the dancing stopped and it looked like yet another close call that would end with "sorry honey, maybe next time". But on a lark i put the earphones back in and made him keep his hand on the tummy, as soon as the music started again so did the dancing and Cheyenne got to feel his baby kick for the first time. Turns out our child (like it's mama) has excellent taste in music.

No comments: