Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving






We had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving this year! This was the first holiday in our new house and it really made a difference having so much more space and a cozy fireplace and such. Also, after several years of hosting under my belt (this was my 4th) i have all of the kinks worked out and the meal was delicious and went smoothly. The menu? Spiced cranberry brined turkey roasted with salt pork and cheesecloth on the breast, fresh green beans with mushrooms, candied yams, pugliese apples & chestnut stuffing, yukon gold mashed potatoes, cider and spice cranberry relish, and warm rolls with pumpkin pie and caramel apple pie for dessert. It was soooo good but took me until 3:00am to digest! Eesh. Here are some pictures from the day (the guests, if you didnt know, are my parents, Tom & Meegan Watts, & Holly Streed) Please notice the one of my feet that was taken to show my barefoot and pregnant in te kitchen...

No comments: