Monday, October 4, 2010

Save the ta-ta's!


October is breast cancer awareness month. While I have been very lucky and not lost a loved one to this disease, I do have friends who have survived breast and/or ovarian cancer {often lumped together in awareness forums}. For years now I have actively taken part in the fight against breast cancer. Every September I do the Susan G. Komen 5K Race for the Cure {this year Amelia joined me!}, I donate whenever I have a bit of extra scratch, if there are products that donate to the cause and I could use said product then I own it {including my beautiful KitchenAid mixer}.
In addition to my ongoing support I thought that I would do a post on the subject and perhaps get at least one reader involved or even better to do a self examination or book an appointment for a physical with your doc.
For more information on how you can make a difference please visit this site!


No comments: