Friday, October 29, 2010

Where do you go when you close your eyes?

Like many people I tend to be a world traveler in imagination only. If I had one wish it would be to be able to take my little family all over the world and immerse ourselves in other cultures and see new people and places. Here are the top ten places that I most want to visit:


1. Kenya & Tanzania - I know this is technically 2 different countries and shouldn't count as just one destination but I would love to go on a safari across these two neighboring countries.

2. Istanbul - To be fair, I would love to travel the entire "spice route" from Morocco to Turkey but since I already cheated with my #1 destination I decided to just go with with Beautifully exotic city of Istanbul.
3. Hallstatt, Austria - Again, what I truly would love is a trip along the entire length of the Danube but that's "cheating" so the place that I would most like to visit{slash live this rest of my days} is easily Hallstatt. This has to be the village that little children dream about after reading classic fairy tales before bed.
4. Italy's Cinque Terre - Along the Amalfi coast is this small picturesque knot of villages. All you need do is a quick Google image search and you can see why I have the Cinque Terre on this list.
5. Machu Picchu - This one is for sure on the list. I would love to spend days exploring the ancient city at the top of the Andes.
6. Sange Tsuyama-city, Okayama Japan - I want to be here in the springtime for the Cherry Blossom Festival...how could you not?
7. Bali - Being a small Island I dont have this one narrowed down to just one town. I would love to spend months here soaking up the culture and beautiful jungle {and no i haven't read Eat Pray Love nor is this choice because of the book/movie}.
8. Goa India - The Indian coast, spices, foods, smells, languages, gods, colors...all of it, as Liz Lemon might say "I want to go to there".

9. Barcelona - I want to gorge on tapas, see amazing works by legendary artists, learn to dance the flamenco, drink sultry wines, have my breath taken away by Gothic and Moorish architecture and so much more in this city.

10. Santorini Greece - Always my choices are made in part because of food - this of course falls under that category. I want to sit on the deck of a whitewashed villa in a gauzy dress and gaze out over the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean forever.


Where would you go?


No comments: