Monday, October 18, 2010

Separation Anxiety.

Lately I've noticed some separation anxiety showing up in Amelia, I think that I had been misdiagnosing it as "stranger fear" for a while but it's definitely become apparent that it's separation anxiety with me {we spend all of her waking hours together so it makes sense}. I cannot set her down at all without a meltdown. In fact, as I'm writing this I'm sitting in the "thunderdome" with her. She doesn't need to be in my arms but if she's set down and I walk away the waterworks start immediately. If I'm down on the floor or in the thunderdome with her then she's fine, she'll crawl around and entertain herself and only come over to check in once in a while for a little cuddle. It sounds cute, but by last Friday after a week of this i was at the end of my rope. Ive read up on it and it just seems to be par for the course and the correct developmental stage for her age and with some work on my part will go away. So, I am determined to keep that in mind this week and not get impatient with her...after all, she just wants to be near me because she loves and trusts me.

No comments: