Wednesday, November 14, 2012

.Bring out the gimp.

You may or may not know this about me but I am a total total klutz  If there is a drink to spill, a bowl to break, or feet to be tripped on then I am your gal. I blame it on inner ear infections as a child messing up my equilibrium but in reality it's probably just my inability to pay attention to my surroundings.
Case in point: I broke a small bone on the far side of my right foot on Sunday. We were going to go to the grocery store and I was carrying Alice {strapped safely in her carseat} down the sidewalk and totally tripped. If I had had my hands free I would have easily caught myself but since I was carrying Alice I had to do some quick maneuvering to make sure that she didn't get hurt at all.
The good news is Alice is completely fine and actually found the whole thing to be highly entertaining {"Yay Mommy's taking me for a fun ride!"} the bad news is that I now have a sweet Quasimodo-level limp while I heal.
Since I'm breastfeeding I'm doin' it sans pain meds {I took a couple the first night because it hurt so bad}. I'm not in a cast, which is good. A boot was offered but I declined as it just seemed like more work then it was worth.
So for now my foot spends it's days in a splint or wrapped in an Ace bandage with an ice pack on it. Also "fun" news is that Cheyenne got stuck with jury duty and is on a week-long trial so after sitting in a courtroom all day he's been coming home to do the shopping, cooking, and cleaning as well as giving Amelia her bath and putting her to bed all without any help from me. As we get closer to Thanksgiving  I am most grateful to have such a great husband.


No comments: