Monday, November 26, 2012

. Spectacle{s}.

I got new glasses! What what. Several months back Amelia pulled a She-Hulk move and broke my glasses in half like a monster, leaving me sad and blurry-eyed.
I've been on the hunt for "the perfect pair" ever since {as well as a new optometrist since I didn't care for my last one} and think I found my dream combo of glasses/doctor!
First the doc: if you're in the greater PDX area and looking for a new optometrist I HIGHLY recommend Dr Summy To at Myoptic Optometry . Being partially blind {I have only about 10% vision in my left eye and I'm near-sighted with a stigmatism in my right} I've been to my fair share of optometrists in my life and have really only liked two of them: my first true love Dr. Tobin {my pediatric optometrist from ages 3-6} & Dr. To.
In addition to really liking Dr. To I also loved Myoptic's focus on helping local businesses and charities. For example, a portion of the clinics profits goes to a local charity of your choosing {there are 4 or 5 to choose from, since it's winter and close the holidays I went with the Oregon Food Bank but other choices included OPB/PBS, Salvation Army, & the Humane Society}. In addition they also only carry frames from small local companies instead of big box manufacturers. Hooray for keeping money local and helping out small business owners!
As for the glasses themselves I am in love! I have found the brand that I will continue to use for as along as they are around! Fetch Eyewear is a local company {yay} with great frames and 100% of their profits go right to The Pixie Project, which helps support local animal charities/shelters. I had known about The Pixie Project prior to knowing about Fetch thanks to collars and leads that we used to carry at Elephants and was super excited to find that the frames I liked helped such a great cause. FYI, I went with the "Sadie" frames in olive tortoise.
If you're interested in the frames but your docs office doesn't carry them you can order them right from their website.


No comments: