Friday, November 30, 2012

.Christmas time is here.

I'm a few days late in posting this but we've been struck with a family cold & a teething baby {more on that in a bit} and time got away from me.
Last weekend we took the kids to the Oregon Zoo's annual ZooLighs display to kick off the Christmas season. The zoo is out of this world amazing all done up and even my scrooge husband {with a December 26th birthday who could blame him} was clearly drawn in by the magic of the night. I had planned on taking the zoo train as well as walking around the place but the line for the train was an hour wait so by the time we were done with it Amelia was up way past bedtime and it showed so after a hot cocoa we made a very hasty retreat to the car.
We plan to go back next weekend and skip the train {fingers crossed on that not turning into a tantrum} so that we can get some photos of the light displays and the kiddos {or at least the oldest}. Since we have a family membership we might even go one last time after that but we'll see.
This weekend we off to get round 1 of the girls Christmas portraits done so wish me luck, Amelia is notoriously bratty when a professional camera is on. My expectations aren't fantastically high, I'm hoping for just 1 or 2 decent shots. We'll see...

.The wait for the train was long but at least there were pretty lights to look at along the way and somehow our very excited toddler had 1 hours worth of extreme patience.

.She has talked about the train non-stop since we left.
.At the same age I would have lost my damn mind if a giant penguin wanted to give me a high five, Amelia on the other hand was desperate to take him home with us and be his bff.


No comments: