Friday, January 21, 2011

.I'm not sorry I got you sick.

As luck would have it I have come down with a cold during what it sure to be my 2nd busiest weekend of the last 12 months. Color me not surprised.
Last night Cheyenne and I were talking about the fact that I don't feel well and how it inevitably means that Amelia will most likely contract the cold as well. While the idea of my baby being sick makes me sad a smile came to my face when Cheyenne explained his reasoning:
Cheyenne: "I'm sure she'll start showing signs soon. You two are inseparable. You do everything together. You share food, you kiss on the mouth, you let her count your teeth {why do you do that????}, you nap with your faces on one anther's. She's like your tumor {but in a good way} what you do she does and where you go she goes. There's no way she's not getting sick."
Chole: "I miss her. I wish she was here. She would find this conversation funny, ya know, if she grasped the English language."
Cheyenne: "See? She's been in bed for just 2 hours - she's sleeping in the room right next to this one."
Chole: "Your point?"
Cheyenne: "I love you even though you're a crazy person."
Chole: "Did you hear that? I think she coughed."

I'm sorry she's going to be sick but im not sorry that it happened because i love that we are that close. I love my little "tumor".

No comments: