Friday, March 18, 2011

.24 days and counting.


That's how many shopping days remain between now & my birthday {the very best day of the year}. I've done some rearranging of gift lists and moved the beautiful cake stands that I posted about not too long ago over to either the parents {as in my parents} list or to the mothers day list {or as I call it "birthday part 2"}.

Why have I taken my beloved cake stands off of Cheyenne's list you ask? Because After going back and forth for over a year I have fallen in love with the Kindle and am now totally desperate for one. Since my husband is a tech junkie he'll have more fun getting a Kindle for me than he would have getting a set of cake stands {my mother on the other hand is the exact polar opposite}.

For those that don't know what a Kindle is {ahem - grandparents} it's a "wireless reading device" aka an electronic library that holds up to 3,500 books but is itself slimmer than an actual paper book.

I love love love to read and in all honesty I have a pretty low tolerance and/or opinion for those that don't...I wont go into specifics but lets just say when I get on the subject the word "moron" gets thrown around a lot. I also really love my collection of books. Sadly, with baby proofing came packing up and clearing off over half of my bookshelves so that a certain someone doesn't literally eat her words. Sigh. This is the biggest reason that I have become a Kindle convert - until I can have my real bookshelves back I can indulge with my virtual one.

Happy reading!


No comments: