Wednesday, March 30, 2011

.Easter basket.

Last year we didn't get Amelia an Easter basket because at 3 months old it seemed kind of pointless and dumb. This year however, we've decided that it would be fun to get her one and next year we can expand on the Easter Bunny traditions even more. Since she's only going to be 15 months old I don't want to put candy & sweets in her basket {I actually would prefer to tone down the candy in all future baskets as well - it's not Halloween part II after all} so I've come up with some really cute alternatives. I know that a few friends that read this blog also have little ones about the same age, I hope these ideas help you if you are a bit stumped as I was! If you have any other ideas that you think would be great please let me know!
I adore this sweet & classic Peter Rabbit Easter basket from Pottery Barn Kids and I have a total obsession for all things monogrammed! Oh my gosh how cool is this? Instead of getting that annoying plastic messy fake "Easter grass" you can grow real Easter grass right inside of your Easter basket! These smart little kits come with all you need to grow two basket's full of grass. You simply line your kids' baskets with foil, and then take the coconut husk disk, which when mixed with water makes a fine dirt. Dump the dirt into the baskets, sprinkle the grass seeds, and cover with plastic wrap. Done. In just a couple of days you'll have grass that grows surprisingly fast, even if you're like me and have a black thumb. Seriously. You can order this from Plumb Party!
We are readers in this family and what better thing for Easter than a beautiful Beatrix Potter book? this version is from Amazon.com
And of course, a few stuffed animals are required. In keeping with the Peter Rabbit theme I'm going with this adorable Peter Rabbit & Jeremy Fisher {my favorite...Squirrel Nutkin is a close second} from Amazon.com
Lastly, I thought this dish set would be perfect. It's along the same theme & Amelia is at the point where she insists on feeding herself like a big girl. This set is from Potter Barn Kids.





No comments: