Thursday, March 17, 2011

.Happy Birthday Dad.


As I've mentioned, today is not only St. Patrick's Day but also my dad's birthday! My dad is pretty awesome I have to say. I was going to post more photos but of course my scanner is being insolent. I was an only child who was pretty shy and introverted with children my own age so my dad {the oldest of 7} took it upon himself to be my best friend. we have photos of my painting his nails, putting bows in his hair, of him pretending to be "Willamina" {his name is William} and putting on a bright yellow towel on his head to pretend that he had long pretty blond hair all to make me laugh. When I was a "young adult" {between 15-21} we would go on weekly "dad & daughter dates" to the movies or restaurants so that we could catch up.
He's a wonderful father in law {if i didn't know better i would think that he liked Cheyenne more than me - they totally gang up against me now} and he's such a great grandpa to Amelia that there just really aren't words to describe it. She totally lights up when he's around and when he walks through the door every Sunday {our standing Grandpa date} she squeals in pure delight. I have the feeling that Willamina is going to come out of retirement in a few years when Amelia is older...and I cant wait!
Happy birthday Dad!




No comments: