Thursday, December 29, 2011

The new year.

It's resolution time already and this year I've chosen one thing {so as not to overwhelm} but for me, it's a doozy.
I'm determined to cut waaaaaay down on the sugar. I have a major sweet tooth and I love to bake which is a deadly combo for the ole waistline. Almost every night after Amelia goes to bed {because however little willpower I have with my own sugar intake I am a total tighta** when it comes to making sure that Amelia doesn't eat sweets} I make dessert for Cheyenne and I which is always tasty but over the holiday season, when those sweets feature less fruit and more white flour and white sugar, we start to get a bit doughy around the middle if ya know what I mean.
So, to celebrate the new year I'm cutting out the delicious sugars and replacing them with fruits and the occasional sugar-free snack {and once in a while - like valentines day - cheating with a piece of chocolate cake}.
How about you? What are some of the things that you hope to work on in the new year?

No comments: