Monday, December 19, 2011

.Oh hells bells and a change gonna come.

I can't remember if I told you guys {since I've tried to block the knowledge from my own brain} but with me looking down the barrel of 30 {just 115 days left in my twenties} I've been paying ultra close attention to my head looking for grey hair....genetics says that any hour it'll pop up.
And wouldn't you know it, I got like 4ish of them seemingly overnight. SHOCK AND HORROR, y'all. I will not be one of those gals that rocks the salt & pepper {though I am more than fine rockin' out to Salt & Pepa}, I admire those ladies but tis not for moi.
So this has me thinking a lot lately about hair color and I'm not sure what direction I want to take. I've spent the last decade making sure to pamper my hair in preparation for the days when I would be forced by the vengeful greys to damage my precious follicles and have made sure that hair color has not touched my head in that time. So basically, I have virgin hair again and I'm suddenly feeling very bored with my dark brown locks and looking a bit forward to a color change.
At first I was thinking a soft black would be a pretty change with my coloring and not so drastic as to make my heart stop {my hair is only about 2 shades, at most, lighter than soft black anyway}. When I asked Cheyenne he got that "you gonna go chill out in a cemetery and smoke cloves while listening to The Cure and writing shite poetry?" look in his eye that told me that he wasn't quite as jazzed on the black as I was. His idea? Red. I've actually always leaned towards reds and think it's just about the prettiest hair color on a lady but I've always been too scared of the brassiness and/or the upkeep. I do know that blond isn't something that I am in any way interested in so really my options are in the red, brown, & black category. I'm doing my research and I'll talk to my stylist about it when I go in for a cut in January.
I'll keep you posted {as always}.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The great news is that hair is forgivable!! Try out a color and don't like it? Just switch to a new one :) I love coloring my hair for different seasons and finding out what works best. Have fun with it!
Bre