Monday, April 9, 2012

.Already super excited.

So, as you all already know, we're having another little girl on August 21st! We are all three very excited {well Cheyenne & I are - Amelia couldn't care less}. I have to say that I'm relieved it's a girl. Cheyenne & I have talked and both agree that two children will be perfect for our family and a good place to stop. We had talked about how fun it would be to have "one of each" but honestly, if I'm only having two children then I'm glad this is a girl and that she and Amelia {I hope I hope I hope} have a very special sister bond. I know that brothers & sisters have a bond as well {you ARE siblings after-all} but as an "outsider" of sorts {aka only child} I can't help but be a bit jealous of my {female} friends who are super close with their sisters.
It makes me happy to think that these two girls will have each other forever, that they'll share a room and memories, and make fun of their lame parents, and fight over stupid things, and stick up for each other and cry on each others shoulders, and visit each others colleges {assuming they don't go to the same one}. Someday when Cheyenne & I are old these girls will have each other to lean on as they take care of us {in whatever capacity that means} and they'll have each other long after we aren't here. In a very morbid way that sets my mind at ease.
In the meantime, I'm already looking up cute coordinating outfits for the two of them - Janie & Jack, prepare to make your budget goals for the next 10 years!

 

No comments: