Friday, April 20, 2012

.Earth Day.

In our family, home, and community we take pride in being as environmentally friendly as possible and we're really lucky that we get to live in a city that makes that the norm and very easy to do without even thinking about it.
Along those lines, Earth Day is a holiday that I look forward to every year and I've been waiting for Amelia to finally be old enough to participate in some fun kid-friendly activities on April 22nd. So, of course a while back I did some research and found a list of some great ideas that I had planned for this weekend. However, Amelia - not unlike Typhoid Mary - has given the household some kind of illness and my plans look to be sunk. Lame.
However, that shouldn't stop you! Get out there this weekend and do something for the Earth. Plant a tree, work in a garden, do some spring cleaning and donate things instead of throwing them away, organize your recycling area, or make some changes in your daily life be they large or small....in the end it all adds up!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh so sad, it's such a beautiful weekend! Hope Clan Clark gets better soon, I'll plant an herb or something in your honor!