Tuesday, April 24, 2012

.Spring is in the air part III.

The first few of these photos remind me of my very favorite story about children and their magical thinking. When my uncle Curt was a little boy he set my grandparents backyard on fire while my grandpa was taking a nap on the couch. Curt kept running back inside the house for one juice glass of water at a time trying to put it out, after a few times of him asking for yet another glass of water in quick succession my grandpa went out back to see what Curt had been up to and there was the yard on fire. I've always loved this story because it's so absurd and funny to imagine the whole thing from either Curt's perspective {"Oh no! Maybe I can put it out 8 ounces at a time?"} or my grandfathers {"Oh my God, the kid set the damn yard on fire!"}.
Anywho, yesterday while in the yard Amelia decided to water the grass...one 8 ounce glass of water at a time. I immediately thought of the Curt story and laughed and laughed to myself thinking that all children are essentially alike. 




.There comes a time in every persons life when you realize that the best water you will ever taste in your life comes from the garden hose. Amelia was 2 years old when she made that discovery.

.After her attempts to water the yard she thought a nice dip in the pool - fully clothed - was needed.


.And yeah, she's doing push-ups in very very cold water...with all of her clothes on {she's a bad ass}.


No comments: