Tuesday, April 3, 2012

.Stolen peaceful moments.

Amelia has been "sleeping in" lately {meaning she's been waking up at 8:30am instead of the usual 7:30am} and in the last week I've been trying to get her little clock back to where it should be {I blame daylight savings} by waking her up when our alarm goes off. Today however I was feeling a bit indulgent and decided not only did she deserve a little extra sleep but maybe I deserved some quiet time before my loud toddler-filled day begins. Let me tell you, it's nice. Very nice.
Cheyenne has left for work a while ago and the dog and cat are {for once} cuddling instead of fighting and with the baby asleep a silence has fallen over our house that usually only exists in the dead of night when no one is awake to enjoy it. I'm taking full advantage, I have the windows of the family room {which I'm in} thrown open even though it's a bit too chilly for my liking just so that I can better hear the sound of the rain falling outside and to breathe in huge gulps of fresh clean air.
With just 142 days left before the baby gets here {but who's counting} with it's demands on my sleep and quiet I plan on taking full advantage of these moments between now and August 21st.




 

No comments: