Friday, September 9, 2011

.Recipe of the week.

I should subtitle this the "better late than never addition. I've neglected the ole blog this week because we've been on a stay-at-home vacation {just what the doctor ordered}. However, the kiddo is in bed and Cheyenne is getting things in order for his trip to the East Coast so I have some time to finally catch up!
I was actually a bit torn on what kind of recipe to share this week. You see, it's crazy hot here in the Pacific Northwest so normally given that situation my recipes and cocktails would be of the summer "I dont want to use the oven" variety. However, I know that many parts of the country right now are experiencing more Fall-like weather {lucky bastards}...and Fall calls for a totally different kind of recipe. Conundrum.
I decided to go with a fall recipe because I think it will appeal to more of you right now and because im trying to summon Autumn to my neck of the woods. I also though it might be nice to share a "cheater" recipe for those nights when you want something homemade-ish. Enjoy!


Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies
Ingredients:
1 family size brownie mix
1/4 Cup water
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 bag butterscotch chips
1 small box instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 1/2 Cups canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 Cup butterscotch ice cream topping

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl mix brownie mix, water, oil, eggs, chips, pudding, pumpkin and cinnamon. Mix until well combined. Pour half of mix into a 11×7 inch baking pan that has been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 Cup butterscotch ice cream topping over brownie mix. Pour remaining brownie mix over top and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center. Let cool for 1 hour before removing from pan and cutting into squares.

No comments: