Thursday, September 8, 2011

.A day at the coast.

Yesterday the temperature in Portland was 100....not my cup of tea to say the very least. To escape the heat and further enjoy our vacation we packed up the dog & toddler and headed for a day at the coast. It was perfect, since at least half of the local school went back in session on Tuesday {the rest go back on the 9th} and everyone has a "summer is over" mentality the normally packed beaches were fairly empty and traffic was a breeze. We had an amazing time as did Amelia & Josie.
Backstory: I get very claustrophobic at the thought of being in a landlocked state. I know it sounds crazy to most, but if I start to think about being days away {at best} from an ocean I have a mini panic attack. When Cheyenne & I go on trips to other parts of the country that don't border an ocean, gulf, or sea I go a bit stir crazy.
I think after yesterday Amelia might suffer from the same anxiety. She LOVES the water! We could not keep her out of it. She would run towards the crashing waves and incoming tide with zero fear yelling at the Pacific like a warrior going in to battle {think Braveheart vs the English}. We were able to occupy her for short bursts with the sand but after a few minutes she would run right back to the water.
I love this little west coast baby so much. Here are, admittedly a lot, of photos from the day for you guys since it's been quite a while since I've had a nice photo-filled post. Enjoy!

p.s. As always, remember that you can enlarge the photos by clicking on them.


























1 comment:

Maureen said...

I love her hair and her swimsuit. So cute!