Friday, September 23, 2011

.TGIF.

Sorry about the boring week from The Clarkling. Amelia has a little cold, nothing serious just some sniffles and coughing but it's meant that there's been a lot of babying of a certain grumpy little girl.
On the plus side of things, it's Friday! Yay! I'm looking forward to the weekend. My cousin Brianna finds out if the bun she's been cookin' is a girl or a boy {well, we hope it's today; Baby Sidwell refused to cooperate last time}, of course I'll share with you when I find out and get the okay from her. Also, tomorrow is the birthday of both my mom & my fur baby Miss Josephine Simone Clark {Josie}. Every year at my moms request I make a big German dinner with roast duck and braised cabbage and the like - totally delish. Then Sunday is of course devoted to FOOTBALL. I'm already guessing that it's going to be a good weekend even if Little Miss still has a case of the sniffles.
Yesterday on our walk we came across some leaves that have started to change color and I noticed that when I was done putting Amelia to bed for the night it was already dark outside. Squee! Adding to the icing on the cake is the fact that today is the Autumnal Equinox!!! Welcome to the best season of the year folks {even if it is supposed to be 80 degrees today}!!!

Welcome Fall Cocktail

Ingredients:
1.5 ounces of Applejack
1.5 ounces of rye whiskey
1 tablespoon maple syrup
A few dashes of orange bitters
2 ounces of champagne
Blood orange rind cut into strips for garnish {optional}

Directions:
Combine applejack, whiskey, maple syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker, and shake over ice. Strain into a 6-ounce martini glass, and top with Champagne. Garnish with orange rind, and serve.



No comments: