Friday, September 23, 2011

.The sick list.

As previously mentioned, Amelia has a cold this week. This means that the house is littered with my "baby illness accouterments". These are my go-to things to help with a sick kiddo:

1. Little Colds honey elixir - Really this is just honey, but it's safe for babies & toddlers over 12 months and really seems to help ease her discomfort without any weirdy gross chemicals.

2. Boogie Wipes in "magic mentholated" scent - it's such a simple and brilliant concept that I could just kick myself for not inventing it. Saline wipes with yummy smells! Duh! I never use saline drops anymore...and thus avoid the all out epic battles related to the drops.

3. Nosefrida - It sceeved me out when I was pregnant and building my baby registry. However, with almost 600 positive reviews on Amazon.com I went ahead an bought it along with a traditional bulb-style aspirator. The nosefrida {pardon the pun} blows the bulb out of the water! If you have a youngster I cannot stress how much you should add this to your medicine cabinet.

4. Vicks BabyRub - I've tried finding a more natural version of this classic balm but can't {if you know of one let me in}, however, it does work wonders. A nice soothing chest rub with this and the beast is tamed....at least for a little while.

5. California Baby Colds & Flu Bubble Bath - Who doesn't love a bubble bath? Combine that with all natural and soothing eucalyptus and we've got a winner.





Combine the above with lots and lots of cuddles and books and endless patience and you'll both survive. Do you see anything missing from my list that you find to be a tried and true lifesaver? Please share!


1 comment:

Gramps said...

I need a snot sucker for me. Allergy season might be a little more bearable. However I think the vial will fill rather quickly. I wouldn't want a snot milkshake.