Thursday, March 8, 2012

.Good God Lord that's delicious.

We're yogurt eaters in the Clark household with all three of us dedicated to our particular brands. Cheyenne likes Yoplait - which I wont touch with a 10 foot pole - I am dedicated to Fage's honey blend, and we tend to give Amelia Nancy's whole milk yogurt. The thing with Amelia though, is that because of her height {freakishly tall} and weight {freakishly thin} her doctor is very adamant that we make sure that she gets WHOLE MILK yogurt and not skim or low fat since we need to maximize opportunities of getting healthy fats into her.
Sounds easy enough. Only it's not, yogurt gets lumped into the health food category and it is nearly impossible to find whole milk yogurt and even harder to find whole milk yogurt that isn't full of crap {high fructose corn syrup & artificial dyes for instance}. The Nancy's has worked out for the most part because it's amazingly healthy and super easy to find {it's in every grocery store that I use} but I've only ever been able to find it in "plain" flavor and try as I might to give it some pizazz {bananas mashed in, peanut butter, berries, agave, etc} Amelia doesn't like it nearly as much as she likes Cheyenne's {nasty} Yoplait or my {delicious} Fage and it frustrates her to no end to ask for yogurt {or as she says "e-gert"} and get something that's boring tasting.
Enter from stage left my delight in finding the 6-pack fruit & cream whole milk yogurts from Trader Joe's...did you just hear angels sing? I'm sure you did, because I'm telling you, they're effing AMAZING. First off, they're a reasonable size for toddlers which I like. They're also devoid of high fructose corn syrup, and artificial dyes while being packed with live cultures. AND THEY ARE SO DANG TASTY! Amelia has eaten 3 today alone and I'm not going to lie...when she leaves a little bit in the container I total swoop in and eat it when she's not looking. Her favorite is the strawberry & cream whereas mine is the banana & cream {which is a bit odd since banana flavored things are not usually my top favorite in anything}.
I personally wont be replacing my Fage with them because, unlike Little Miss, I do not have a doctor asking me to gain weight, but you can bet your sweet bippy {that's right, I said it} that they're on the permanent grocery list for Peanut. If you have a kiddo I highly recommend them...just try not to become addicted yourself!

No comments: