Monday, March 19, 2012

.Sir, that is not a glow.

.The author of this blog in action.

Being pregnant, for me, comes with a slew of side effects that I certainly could do without. I'm hormonal but not in the emotional sense, more in the "constantly way too hot & sweaty with breakouts that would do a teenager proud" sense.
Both of those are total opposites of the norm. In my non-pregnant state I'm almost always cold & have poor circulation {thank you low blood pressure & anemia} and I'm meticulous in my skincare and have generally flawless skin {minus hormonal breakouts around "the lady time"}. Basically, these days I spend my time feeling gross, sweaty, and pimply...aka self esteem nightmare.
My dear husband did not receive the memo and is unaware that I'm pretty much a troll. Instead he genuinely thinks I'm the prettiest ever when I'm pregnant. And it's not just b.s. that he's saying so that I don't spend his entire paycheck at Sephora looking for the cures to my beauty ailments...I know when he's blowin' b.s. my way {even when it's for my own good} and no, he just honestly thinks I'm pretty and glowing right now...and doesn't seem to care the the "glow" is actually just a sheen of sweat & Proactive.
Now that is love. 

No comments: