Thursday, March 29, 2012

.What's going on in there?.

In 8 days we'll know if Amelia will have a little brother or little sister, the wait is actually driving me totally insane. When I was pregnant with Amelia we decided very very early that we didn't want to find out the sex, having made that decision and relishing in the excitement of finding out on the birth day meant that at no point in my pregnancy with her was I chomping at the bit to find out the sex, it was too much fun making guesses.
This time however, since we decided to find out {to better prepare Amelia for the changes in store}, my curiosity is in overdrive. Not knowing when it's your choice to not know is one thing, not knowing because your appointment isn't for another 8 days is quite another. I've never done well with secrets or surprises that I haven't carefully orchestrated myself.
Everyone asks if I have a "feeling" about the gender, since I always always felt that Amelia was a girl you would think that perhaps I might have some kind of spiritual earth mother insight. I do not. First off, "spiritual earth mother" is not an apt description of me. Second, I keep flip flopping. Early early on I had a strong feeling that I would be raising sisters {yay!} but then as my pregnancy progressed and felt so much different than the first time I started thinking that I would have "one of each" {also yay!}. Now I just don't know, when I look up baby things I subconsciously pick out girl stuff, but when I talk about "it" in terms of having an identity I always {not on purpose} use male pronouns. Hmm.
According to the oh so scientific {not} "Chinese lunar gender prediction calendars" Clarking #2 is a girl, it was right with Amelia, but quite frankly when you've got a 50/50 shot you're bound to be right sometimes so I'm not putting a ton of stock into that. When I was pregnant with Amelia my best friend's dad {shout out to Alan Rhoads!} did the "wedding ring test" above my belly at my baby shower to help fuel the "what gender is it?" game. The ring predicted that I would have a boy...Amelia is most certainly not a boy. So, really, I got nothin'. I'll have to just go crazy for the next 8 days until I find out. Grr.
What do you think? Have any gut feelings on baby #2's sex?



No comments: