Wednesday, December 1, 2010

57 days and counting.

Every year as far as I can remember New Years day has been bittersweet. It's always nice to be able to breath again after the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and new years resolutions always seem so hopeful that early on. But on the downside for a die hard lover of "the holidays" there's the inevitable letdown once they are over not to return for what feels like a very long year.
January has of course been the longest month on the calender because of these reasons {by February I'm looking forward to Valentines Day and my festive spirit is back}. However, my child was "kind" enough to come 3 weeks early and I now have the fun of her birthday to look forward to in January.
I've basically been planning her birthday since the day she arrived and as the date approaches I'm getting so excited! It's going to be cherry red and aqua in design {my favorite color palette this year} and after 10 months of planning and scouring the Internet for inspiration and ideas the ball is now rolling. I have the banner made, the paper products {cupcake wrappers, invites, thank you cards, etc} are printed out, craft projects begun, and clothes purchased. I'm so looking forward to January 27th {well the actual party is on the 29th} that I've actually found myself secretly wishing that Christmas would hurry up so that we can get to the birthday festivities.
Well I was wishing that up until How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer aired last night. Now I'm back to exploding with holiday cheer but now I have something to look forward to afterward as well.

No comments: