Wednesday, December 8, 2010

.So many choices.

.Hot chocolate layer cake with homemade marshmallows.
.Tiramisu eggnog trifle.
.Gingerbread cake with crème anglaise.
.Panettone eggnog bread pudding.
.The ubiquitous Bûche de Noël.


I love cooking and I love baking and I L-O-V-E Christmas baking! This brings me to a dilemma however: what to make for Christmas dinner dessert? Every year I cheat a little and get a Bûche de Noël from Elephants and then I make another "side" dessert for variety.
This year will be my first in 6 years that I haven't worked in the in-house catering of Elephants & I'm thinking about "celebrating" by breaking with the Bûche de Noël tradition and branching out. Of course this means that I have pulled out my dozens of cookbooks & recipes as well as consults with my favorite foodie blogs...it's a ponderous task. Each time I think I have it narrowed down I come up with a different idea.
What are your thoughts? Which of these sounds good to you? What does your family enjoy at this time of year?

No comments: