Friday, December 3, 2010

Who's out there?

I am always surprised when people say "I was reading your blog the other day" or "oh we keep up with you guys on your blog" because I tend to think of the things that I write about as interesting to my close friends and family only. But when I think about it I suppose I can see the appeal, I read other peoples blogs so it makes sense.
Then it gets me to thinking about the privacy lines that I blur by writing about my life and family in such a public forum. I have friends who keep blogs and set them to "private" where they can be read by invitation only. That makes sense for those people and their blogs but honestly, I'm ok with whoever is reading what I write. There's nothing on here that I wouldn't chat about in person with anyone interested enough to ask so I'm not going the "private" route.
What I would find interesting is a way to know {for the most part} who's reading this so that I can get a better feel for how/what to write. Make sense?
You could help out by choosing to "follow" my blog. On the right side of the screen here if you scroll down you will see a sign the says "follow me" and underneath that is a smaller button with a google symbol that says "follow" - just follow the directions and voila! You're an official follower of my blog and I get to see who's keeping tabs on me so to speak.

2 comments:

Gretchen Boyd said...

Chole I just wanted to send you a more personal note so Ive done the join thing like you ask but since you may not recognize my name I thought I would explain. My maiden name is Monin and I am Gayle and Alan Agee's niece, on Alan's side, Alan's sister Jane I'm her daughter and your mom Curt and Cyndie's cousin. My mom and dad live in Louisville KY and my family and I live in Georgia. So know it's confusing but thought I needed to explain. Love your Blog and it looks like your doing a great job with Cheyenne in raising a really cute little girl. And you have made me want to visit Portland with all the great things you have said. Keep up the good work and say "Hi" to your Mom from me next time you talk to her.

Chole Clark said...

Hi there! I knew exactly who you were as soon as I saw the name Gretchen! It's so fun that we can keep in touch via this blog. I'll make sure to pass on your love to Granny & Papa! Thanks for the sweet compliments :-)