Monday, December 20, 2010

.Amelia.

This post has nothing to do with Amelia Grace Clark but rather other "Amelias" that make me smile.
First off, in the news today there is new research to suggest that bones found on the South Pacific island of Nikumaroro belonged to Amelia Earhart {after whom my own Amelia was named}. DNA testing is being done but could take months. You can read the full story here.
Next, in less exciting news but still fun, I "found" a fun little getaway that until this weekend I didn't know existed. Amelia Island is off the far Northern coast of Florida {almost Georgia} and looks like a perfect vacation spot. My new plan is a family vacation to this quaint island at some point in the not too distant future.

In news of my own Amelia we have a little lady on the verge of walking. She's been pulling up on everything and "cruising" and if I stand near her and hold out my hand she'll pivot and grab my hand then walk towards me while holding my hands. I'm hoping to get her walking in time for her first birthday but it all comes down to when she feels ready.


No comments: