Friday, April 29, 2011

.Amy, you rock.

In the past few months I've posted on the upcoming babies from two of my favorite female comedians {Maya Rudolph & Tina Fey}. Their fellow SNL alum, Amy Poehler, is not in fact pregnant but she has done something that I deem blog-worthy. When asked to speak at the Time 100 gala she didn't thank or pay homage to fellow actors or comedians; instead she sincerely thanked the women {nannies, I assume} that help her with her children so that she can be both a mom and have the career of her dreams {she was fantastic on SNL and is even better on Parks & Recreations which might just be one of the greatest shows on television}. I must admit, her gratitude and the subject matter made me a little teary and happy and proud to be a woman and mother. Way to go Amy!




No comments: