Wednesday, April 13, 2011

.The best day of the year.

Yesterday was my birthday {my very favorite day of the year} and it was fabulous! The day started by Cheyenne getting up with the baby and letting me sleep in an extra 20 minutes then I opened presents in bed {Amelia helped}. After Chey went to work my mom came over and Grammy, Mama, & Amelia spent the day at the zoo! The weather was AMAZING and all of the animals were out sunning themselves. Amelia's favorites were the otters, penguins, & orangutans. The animals loved her - it was so cute, they all went over to her and started showing off. Super cute! After the zoo the three of us stopped by Elephants {where I worked until becoming a mommy} and picked up some sweet and said hi to friends. After Cheyenne got home we went to one of my very favorite places under the sun: The Grilled Cheese Grill. It's this beyond delicious little place with gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches served out of an awesome double decker vintage bus! It's so fun and so yummy and so Portlandy...my trifecta of awesome. After dinner we came home for cake then put Amelia to bed and shared a bottle of wine. The perfect end to the perfect mid-week birthday. This Friday we are going to Saburo's Sushi in Sellwood with our group of closest friends while my mom babysits Amelia. Good friends+my favorite food+sake=perfect end to my birthday festivities!

No comments: