Monday, April 11, 2011

.Recipe of the week.


As with the previous couple of weeks my recipe to share is a part of my 2011 Easter menu. We love asparagus in these parts {it's tied with artichoke for Cheyenne's favorite green vegetable} and when it's in season we have it at least once a week, it just feels so "Springy" to me and that's the exact feel that I like my Easter menu to have {it is a celebration of Spring and birth afterall}. This recipe is simple, clean tasting, and delicious - perfect all Spring & Summer long. Enjoy!

Roasted Asparagus with Lemon

Ingredients:

2 pounds asparagus

1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil

2 garlic cloves minced {I use my garlic press to save time}

Zest of 1 lemon

Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste {for Easter I use Himalayan pink salt that I got as a gift & pink peppercorns for a festive look}

1 lemon cut into 8 wedges


Directions:

1. Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 450°F.


2. Cut off the tough stem ends from the asparagus & throw away. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet.


3. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, & lemon zest. Pour mixture over asparagus and toss to coat then spread in even layer. Sprinkle to taste with salt & pepper then arrange the lemon slices on and around the asparagus.


4. Bake until the asparagus is just starting to turn golden {about 6-8 minutes}. Arrange asparagus on your serving platter and drizzle with the pan juices.



No comments: