Monday, May 9, 2011

.How we spent Mother's Day.

I have the best husband ever. On Mother's Day I got to sleep in while Cheyenne got up at 6:30am {Amelia is getting yet another tooth so she's been waking up 45 minutes early rubbing her cheek in pain}. I got flowers, breakfast {it was going to be in bed but I got up earlier than he expected} with chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, and mimosas with fresh juice. Then I got to open my first hand-made Amelia creation: Cheyenne helped her paint a picture for me {im told she likes to use her full body to get the paint onto the canvas} then framed it. Super cute. Then he sent me upstairs to read my book {Anna Karenina for the 400th time - who doesn't love Russian lit}in peace {a rarity with a toddler}while he and Amelia cleaned the house from top to bottom.
We were going to go out to the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens but it was so rainy and yucky and Amelia was a bit too cranky for such things. Instead we just spent the day at home as a family...my idea of heaven.

No comments: